The Digital Finance Institute is pleased to announce the winners of the 2016 Canadian FinTech Awards. The Canadian FinTech Awards is Canada’s pre-eminent FinTech event, held to honour and recognize FinTechs, innovators, investors, banks, impactors and professional advisors across Canada. The Award ceremony was held in Toronto on November 21, 2016 at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel.
Special guests of the 2nd Annual Canadian FinTech Awards included the Honourable Charles Sousa, Minister of Finance for Ontario, Som Seif, CEO of Purpose Investments and Sanjay Gosalia of Google. Photos of the event can be viewed at this link.
The full winners list is below.
1. Financial Institution Innovator of the Year Award
2. Investor of the Year Award
OMERS Ventures (WINNER)
3. Global Impact Award
Kosta Peric, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (WINNER)
Innotribe at SWIFT (WINNER)
4. Academic Institution Most Supportive of FinTech Award
Zone Startup – Ryerson University (WINNER)
5. Governance, Thought Leader or Organization of the Year Award
FinTech Association of Canada (WINNER)
6. Professional Services Firm of the Year Award
Wildeboer Dellelce LLP (WINNER)
7. Accelerator, Incubator or Entrepreneurial Network Award
8. FinTech of the Year – Incumbent Award
Thinking Capital (WINNER)
9. FinTech of the Year – Startup Award
10. Judge’s Choice Award
Tapscott Group (WINNER)
Ferst Capital Partners (WINNER)