The Institute is working to help create a FinTech Association and would like your feedback before taking more formal steps to launch it, or to enable its launch, as a separate corporate entity. The FinTech Association is being created to bring together stakeholders involved in FinTech including law firms, accounting firm, finance firms, venture capital firms, startups, FinTech companies, government agencies, universities and such.
The Institute will use its ties to Hong Kong, London, the US and Iran in FinTech, as well as its membership, as the only Canadian firm with the Asian Venture Philanthropy Association, to help the FinTech Association build a network for Canadian startups in FinTech who want to leverage the global marketplace.
The mission will be to, inter alia:
- Bring together Canadian FinTech for growth under one national umbrella;
- Promote FinTech from Canada in Canada and abroad.
- Represent the sector before public authorities, the media, investors, financial sector and universities.
- Share experience, knowledge and information within the membership.
- Create and build relationships with other associations in the digital finance industry.
- Become engaged in legal policy matters and act as a liaison with respect to FinTech regulation.
We want your feedback on 3 questions: